We comply with strict guidelines from the Department of Transport and Main Roads and we think it’s best to keep it clean and play nice on our roads. A personalised plate is an official form of identification so every combination must be assessed against a number of criteria.
"Unacceptable" plates include:
- Plates promoting unsafe, violent or harmful behaviour, particularly on the roads, and plates referencing weapons
- Plates promoting alcohol, illegal drugs or criminal activity
- Plates that are propagandistic, discriminatory, or could offend members or citizens of a distinct culture or a particular religion, nation, race, or minority status
- Plates that could be considered offensive to Government Departments
- Plates including content that may be defamatory, in breach of any laws, regulations, rules, codes or third party rights or otherwise objectionable in the absolute discretion of PPQ
- Plates that create ambiguity in identification of a vehicle, or enables mistaken recognition of a vehicle and/or its occupants.
PPQ reserves the right to reject submitted plate orders deemed unacceptable and these plates will attract a cancellation fee of $100.
We’re not the fun police so if you have something fun and cheeky in mind but you're unsure if it's "appropriate", give us a call on 136 356 and we can have a chat. We'd love to hear from you!