In Queensland, personalised plates can be attached to Motor Vehicles, Motor Cycles or Large Trailers. When purchasing a personalised plate for your Large Trailer make sure to select the correct vehicle type when creating your plate at PPQ.com.au/create
If you have a pair of Motor Vehicle plates that you wish to attach to a Large Trailer you can do so at no extra cost, simply follow the steps below:
- Large Trailers only require one plate so you will need to visit your local Department of Transport and Main Roads Customer Service Centre to surrender one of your Motor Vehicle Plates. Find your closest location here.
- Once you have handed in a plate, your plate type will then be changed from a motor vehicle plate to a large trailer plate.
- You are now able to attach your plate to your large trailer.
- Personalized plates are unable to be registered to small trailers
- In the future if you wish to remake your large trailer plate to be suitable for a motor vehicle you will need to purchase a new set which will incur a remake fee.