If your plates are Replacement Plates with your old combination already registered to your vehicle, you don’t need to fill out any forms. Just pop on your plates and hand your old ones back to your nearest Transport and Main Roads Customer Service Centre.
For brand new plates, grab the Remove and/or Attach Personalised Plates form that arrived with your plates and let’s get started.
- Fill in the Remove and/or Attach form and lodge it at your closest Transport and Main Roads Customer Service Centre
- Hand over your standard issue plates when submitting your form
- Once you have lodged your form – You can now attach your new plates!
- You’ll receive an updated registration by email and/or post within a few weeks of lodging your form
- Advise your insurance company, roadside assistance and toll road company so they can update your new plate details